Chris Moorman was one of the United Kingdom’s biggest winners this weekend thanks to a near-miss in one of the partypoker Caribbean Poker Party events on November 22.
Moorman fell at the final hurdle of the CPP #07 The Warm Up, losing out on the title to Jan-Eric Schwippert. The popular pro saw a combined prize worth $55,171 made up of a $44,007 main prize pool prize and $11,164 worth of bounties.
Christopher Brammer finished 11th in the same tournament and secured an $8,321 payout.
Four players from the United Kingdom navigated their way to the final table of the $2,600 High Roller Big Game at partypoker. Only 20 of the 139-entrants received a slice of the $344,250 prize pool and Roberto Romanello was one of them, finishing in 12th for $7,745.
Steve Watts won the same amount when he busted in 11th place, leaving Sam Grafton and Luke Reeves to fly the Union Jack at the final table. Grafton fell in sixth for $16,351 with Reeves crashing out in third for a $40,731 addition to his bankroll.
Day 1B of the CPP Online Main Event saw the 547 entrants whittled to a more manageable 86. A handful of our players made it safely through to Day 2 including Gavin Cochrane (9,088,435), Jesse Wigan (6,145,076), Jonathan Proudfoot (6,053,937), Matthew Kirwan-Shannon (5,924,698), Martin Brinkmann (5,732,826), Scott Margereson (5,033,931), Brandon Sheils (4,890,273), Ludovic Geilich (3,431,076), and James Atkin (3,149,189).
More Than $10M GTD at the 2020 CPP Online
Two British Winners at 888poker
Both of 888poker’s biggest Sunday tournaments were won by players who call the UK home.
“Furzy123” came out on top in the $100,000 Sunday Mega Deep, a $215 tournament that overlaid once again, for the ninth or tenth consecutive week, which makes this tournament superb value.
The champion got their hands on $18,350 wile “TiltJuice101” also reached the final table but their time there was short-lived as they fell in ninth for $1,300.
Two Brits reached the nine-handed final of the $25,000 Sunday Challenge. “oldskool555” fell in fourth for a combined prize worth $2,041 with bounties included. Jonathan “jgjg3000” Gill was the last man standing and he banked $5,575 in total.
NOW AVAILABLE: Download the NEW 888Poker Mobile App!
Plenty to Shout About at PokerStars For British Grinders
PokerStars proved to be a happy hunting ground for our players this weekend, especially in the $109 Sunday Kickoff where there were four Union Jacks at the nine-handed final table.
“MarcGregor89” and “Cyberraver” fell in ninth and eighth-place for $1,270 and $1,751 respectively. “Kakiers04” went a few places deeper before running out of steam in sixth for $3,325 which left “GnaRiverU” as our last hope. They didn’t disappoint as they triumphed over the rest of the pack and secured the $16,521 top prize.
There was another win for us in the $215 Fat Sunday, an 8-Max Turbo affair. “tryckymartin” won all the chips in play and exchanged them for an impressive $14,447.
Other British and Irish stars who won decent sums at PokerStars this weekend included:
- Andrew “Picasso 2” Hedley – second-place in the $215 Bounty Builder for $24,399*
- Dan “NukeTheFish!” Wilson – second-place in the $215 Sunday Supersonic for $15,662
- Stampy-Vicius – second-place in the $55 Mini Bounty Hunter for $15,547*
- Sam “SamSquid” Grafton – second-place in the $1,050 Sunday Cooldown for $15,437*
- Lewis “blindforblind” Kershaw – third-place in the $55 Mini Bounty Hunter for $13,765*
- thenthead89 – fourth-place in the Sunda Storm half Price for $7,956
- Kakiers04 – fifth-place in the $215 Bounty builder for $7,635*
- Ben_Apart – first-place in the Bigger $109 for $7,615
- elnavas1 – third-place in the $55 Sunday Marathon for $5,319
- JESUS_,ROCKS – sixth-place in the Sunday Storm half Price for $4,042
- Owain “sngwonder” Carey – fifth-place in the Hotter $109 for $2,791
- James “deyrzuited” Noonan – seventh-place in the $215 Bounty Builder for $2,771*
- liammaccy – second-place in the $109 Sunday Wrap-Up for $2,270
- “pinkiii7” – third-place in the $109 Saturday KO Late Edition for $1,873*
- Gareth “missy_gazell” James – fifth-place in the $109 Sunday Starter for $1,657
MicroMillions Series Now Running Once Again at PokerStars
Chidwick Banks Brace of Five-Figure Scores at GGPoker
Stephen Chidwick helped himself to two five-figure scores over at GGPoker. The first came in the $5,250 buy-in High Rollers Blade Mulligan where he finished fifth for $27,519.
The second came in another $5,250 buy-in tournament, the High Rollers Blade. Chidwick fell in seventh-place in this tournament for $19,067.
There was a five-figure prize for “cristitmas” in the GGMasters High Roller. Their ninth-place finish yielded a $12,760 prize.
Some of the other highlights from GGPoker this weekend included:
- Promoking – sixth-place in the Bounty grand Master $315 for $10,057*
- FGJ80 – second-place in the PLO Crusaders Bounty Quest $525 for $9,982*
- JPC123 – eighth-place in the Battle of Malta #15: THE REVENGE for $7,555*
- Dripbayless – third-place in the PLO Crusaders $250 for $7,114
- Egyptianking – fifth-place in The $1,050 Last Stand for $7,109
- boksioras88 – sixth-place in the Bounty Hunters Main Event $210 for $6,416*
- IQGreek – second-place in the Sunday Six Shooter $105 for $4,293*
- Chris Moorman – fifth-place in The Last Stand for $3,836
- Chainsaw – eighth-place in The Last Stand for $1,466
*includes bounty payments
Davidi Kitai Wins HRW 18: $10,300 Super MILLION$ Main Event ($726,839)
The Stars Group is a majority shareholder in Oddschecker Global Media, the parent company of PokerNews.